Secondary School Scholarship Scheme
- Children are able to attend Kapanda Secondary School and gifted children are able to attend government boarding schools.
What We Have Achieved
In 2018/2019 RIPPLE Africa is sponsoring 70 students in total:
- 40 students attending Kapanda School.
- 6 students attending Kapanda Open School.
- 24 students attending government boarding schools.
How We Work
- The top performing students from our supported Primary Schools are funded through their four years of Secondary School.
- Students are selected for the scheme on the basis of their results in their Primary School leaving examination.
- Students are expected to achieve high grades and behave well – if they do that then RIPPLE Africa will continue to pay their school fees for the whole of their time in Secondary School.
The Project’s Future
- We are no longer taking on new students to the scheme each year because the majority of parents with children accepted into Kapanda Secondary School are able to fund the fees themselves. However, we are continuing to support the students currently on our scheme until they have finished secondary education.
- Parents with children at both Kapanda Secondary school and government boarding schools are contributing towards their children’s school fees.
Links to Documents