Twin Your School
Welcome to RIPPLE Africa’s ‘Twin your School’ project. At RIPPLE Africa we’re like a family and we’d love to welcome your school to Team RIPPLE. If you’ve ever wanted to make a positive difference to children in Africa, then this is your chance. A chance for your pupils to learn about life for children in typical rural Malawian schools, and a chance for them to help their twinned schools provide a better quality education for their pupils. The government of Malawi has very little money to spend on education and many schools have very large class sizes, poor school buildings and no money for basic resources such as books and other teaching materials. This is where your school can help!
We run and support numerous projects within the environment, education and healthcare in the Nkhata Bay district of northern Malawi. What does RIPPLE Africa do within the education field?
- We have built and run eight pre-schools providing foundation education for 800 children per day
- We fund five Primary School teachers across some of our local primary schools
- We build new classroom blocks at local primary schools
- We have built and support a Secondary School including a girls’ dormitory
How It Works
- We’ll send your pupils photographs and information about the Malawian schools that we support and the students attending them
- Your students will be invited to make fun and educational displays or flash cards for Malawian schools
- You’ll be able to compare your school with Malawian primary schools
- You can really help us improve primary education in Malawi by raising funds to help us support the Malawian schools
- We’ll send you and your school a personalised painting or letter from the children you are helping after each fundraising activity
- Teachers are welcome to volunteer in Malawi at one of their partner schools
This is a fun and educational exchange designed to educate both schools involved. A chance for your students to help Malawian students whilst learning about what life is like for them. A chance to be part of making big things happen as part of Team RIPPLE.
If this sounds like something your school would like to get involved with, get in touch here!